If you’re serious about seeing the world, learning French is a great way to get started. This is because over 76.8 million people around the world speak French as their first language. International standards in literature and science have long relied on the use of French. Understanding this language gives you access to a broader perspective on the world around you.
With fluency in this language, you’ll be able to work in multinational corporations. Various degrees of French are available in India, including bachelor’s, master’s, and diplomas. There are also a number of accredited French certification online courses available from leading universities. Let’s dig into the specifics.
What Is French Language Certification?
Non-native French speakers can take the French language certification exams in India to prove their proficiency in the language.
Testing one’s ability to communicate fluently and independently in French can be done using any number of internationally recognized French proficiency tests, such as the DELF, TEF and TCF.
Real-world communication skills rather than theoretical and formal grammar knowledge are the focus of the exams, rather than the candidate’s academic, linguistic, and formal knowledge.
French certification course in Pune or any other Indian city trains students to communicate effectively in French in local communities and international organizations.
Importance Of French Language Certification
It’s a good idea to list your certifications on your resume because they provide you with an edge over other job seekers and employees.
- You can demonstrate your proficiency in French by passing a language test (TEF or TCF) or by receiving a diploma (DELF or DALF).
- Your interview will go much more smoothly if you can provide documentation of your French language certification course in addition to the other prerequisites.
- The interviewer will be constrained in some way in terms of the types of questions you can expect to be asked in light of your test score.
- In most cases, you’d be asked, “how high was your DELF/DALF score?” because your requirements include passing a French test.
If you wish to study in France or any Francophone nation, this French certification course is recognized by French educational establishments, which accept it for undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
In addition to raising one’s confidence and enhancing one’s chances of moving to a French-speaking country, there are a few more benefits. Moreover, if you plan to travel to Francophone countries or are considering a career in the French-speaking world, it will prove your fluency in the language.
French Language Certification Exams
The DELF/DALF certification tests are the only French certification exams in India you can’t miss if you want to demonstrate your proficiency in French.
If you are interested in learning French, you should look into the Diplôme Approfondi de la Langue Française (DALF) or the Diplôme D’Études en Langue Française (DELF). Non-native French speakers can demonstrate their level of fluency in French by taking these two exams.
More than 300,000 students around the world take French proficiency tests each year. The French Ministry of Education administers and awards these tests. Internationally, they are considered a benchmark test for gauging your proficiency and knowledge of the French language. The DELF and DALF credentials you earn are recognized all around the world since they are valid for life.
After passing the DALF C1 tests, you are free to enrol in any French university without having to take any further entrance exams. The DELF/DALF exams are administered by the Center International d’études pédagogiques (CIEP) on the French Ministry of Education’s behalf.
French Language Certification Cost
Students studying at the Alliance Française pay between Rs. 5310 and 8260 for the DELF/DALF in 2022, whereas external students pay between Rs. 8850 and 11,800.
- DELF A1 & A2 (Internal – Rs 5310, External – Rs 8850)
- DELF B1 & B2 (Internal – Rs 5900, External – Rs 10,620)
- DALF C1 & C2 (Internal – Rs 8260, External – Rs 11,800)
- A1 & A2 junior (Internal – Rs 5310, External – Rs 8850)
Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, and C1, C2, are not included in the above price. In addition, the French language certification cost listed above is for the Delhi centre; other locations may have a different price.
French Language Certification Exam Official Websites
The official French language certification website for Indian students is https://bombay.afindia.org/, https://delhi.afindia.org.
The Alliance Française de Bombay is a cultural and educational non-profit organization. Organizational members include the French Foreign Ministry, the Fondation des Alliances Françaises in Paris, and an Indian board. They work together as part of a global network.
To develop cultural contact between France and India, Alliance Française collaborates closely with other famous cultural institutes to promote modern creation that is accessible to all. The Alliance Française provides a doorway to Europe and the cultures of all the French-speaking countries.
How To Prepare For French Language Certification?
It doesn’t matter why you’re learning French; you want to do it quickly. These language-learning tips and tricks will help you get the most out of your study time.
- Become deeply familiar with the language.
- Free French tuition with live classes
- Discover French movies and shows.
- Become a member of French social media platforms.
- There is no best app for learning French, but Duolingo, Pimsleur, and Anki are all good possibilities.
First and foremost, exam practice is the best approach to preparing for an online French certification exam. However, the practice must be appropriate. It’s not enough to go through past exam questions. It’s critical that you spend time going through your mistakes following each practice exam. As you prepare for your next exam, you must think about how you can improve.
- Listening skills: Work on your listening comprehension with a lot of audio material to practice comprehension of whole phrases and single words in fast speech.
- Speaking skills: It’s important to speak clearly so that your examiner can comprehend you immediately. It can also impact his or her perception of your French language abilities.
- Grammar: French can be challenging since there are so many rules and exceptions to those norms. The best method to retain French grammar is to put it to use in real-world situations and activities.
It is our belief at Curiotory that curiosity is a catalyst for change. We offer comprehensive foreign language education for children and young people, enabling them to pursue alternative professional paths.
So, if you want to learn French, look no further, as Curiotory is one of India’s fastest-growing online language learning platforms. We’re backed by an experienced staff of dedicated and driven professionals who have a solid track record in the Online French language certification in India.
FAQs: French Language Certification
1. What is the best French certification?
There are two levels of DALF proficiency: C1 and C2. C2 is the highest CEFR level, which means that DALF C2 is the highest French credential for non-native French speakers.
2. Is the DELF test difficult?
To succeed in DELF B2, you must employ the correct structure and grammar points at the right time. For this test, there are no shortcuts. If you want to take it, you’ll have to improve, which is a good thing.
3. TEF vs DELF: What’s the difference?
One of the primary differences between the TEF/TEFAQ/TCF/TCFQ and DELF/DALF is that the former is a single test, with your result determining the number of points awarded for French-language competency.
4. Does Duolingo award you with a language certificate of achievement?
Does Duolingo issue a diploma to students who successfully complete their language training? No. Not a certificate, but rather a remark and a medal.
5. How much time does it take to learn French?
French has been rated as a category 1 language by the Foreign Service Institute (FSI). For most English speakers, this indicates that learning French takes between 23 and 24 weeks (575 and 600 hours). This makes French one of the simplest (and fastest) languages to pick up.
6. What is the validity period of the French certificate?
The TCF is only valid for two years because it is a snapshot of the candidate’s French competence at a specific point in time. However, diplomas such as the DILF, DELF, and DALF will remain valid for the foreseeable future.
7. How many levels of French are there?
A total of six levels. There are six levels: A1 and A2 for primary students, B1 and B2 for intermediate students, and CA and C2 for advanced students (advanced). The rest of the world has adopted it as the de facto standard because it is so widely used across Europe.
8. What is DELF certification?
An official French diploma, the DELF certifies your proficiency in French. The French Ministry of National Education will issue you a certificate if you pass the exam.
9. What is France’s most significant exam?
In terms of French exams, DELF and DALF are the most widely accepted, covering the range of A1 to C2. DELF is a good option if you have an intermediate or high-intermediate level (B1-B2) of proficiency in the language.